Musikgarten uses "building blocks" to teach your child a variety of musical concepts and skills. Among these, your child will learn how to:
- feel the music in the body and develop a physical experience of musical phrasing and rhythm
- recognize rhythmic and tonal patterns required for future note-reading
- develop the individual singing voice
- distinguish duple and triple meter (for example, a march is in duple, a waltz in triple, etc.)
- use Solfege
- acquire improvisation and transposition skills
- understand harmony and harmonic relationships (Tonic-Dominant)
- recognize chords at a very early age
- learn how to compose music (including chords and accompaniment)
- develop Ensemble Playing Skills
- gain musical confidence
Equipped with strong skills, Musikgarten students are confident musicians who enjoy practicing and making music!
Which Musikgarten Class Is Right for My Child?
Choose from the full range of Musikgarten classes at The YOU to find the best match for your child!